Monday, February 16, 2009

Is Our Family Complete?


Hmmmm..... is our family complete? It's a question that creeps into my mind every now and then. Nobody really seems to ask us that question. I'm sure they assume that since it took us 11 years to get two kids we are probably satisfied - and we are. The fact that we have 2 boys would be the question that most people would wonder - are you going for a girl?!

The answer to that question is NO. We are note going for a girl - but a better question would be - Is Our Family Complete? I'm not sure that it is. Boy or Girl I'm not sure we are done. But what I do know is that I'm not in contact with my case worker at the adoption agency and I'm not looking to re-do our homestudy, build a new family profile book and wait for the phone to ring - been there, done that, got 2 babies thank you very much!

BUT - don't you love that word - But, I'm not sure that our family is complete! I'm open to more. I think WE are open to more.
That being said you are wondering - Michelle, just how are you going to add to your family with out getting back on the adoption superhighway? Well, I was thinking "it" it being "something" might just happen! I've always joked that the one good moving sperm is going to make his grand venture just in time to find my old drying up egg that still has a little kick in left in her and then, just as I'm about to go through "the change" BAM! Baby! I don't hope or wish for that to happen, I'm very, very fine and content that I've never been pregnant and mourned that loss years and years ago, but I'm open and willing if the miracle did happen!

Sometimes I think a situation might just find it's way to us - like the stork dropping a baby in a basket on our door step. If something like that should happen we are ready with open arms.
So, if you see a stork flying around it's ok to send them our way.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful. I've often asked myself, "How many children does God want us to have?"

Deanna said...

You sound like you are having similiar thoughts to me. We are contemplating many options right now to include adoption and pregnancy. There are lots of options to think about. Your sons are beautiful, but I definenlty understand the feeling of not feeling 100% completely whole or complete. That is where I am right now...I am sure whatever happens will work out for the best. ;)